Vito Pipitone, Ph.D., born in Mazara del Vallo (Italy). Researcher at the Italian National Research Council. Lecturer of Economics at the LUMSA University.
• 2009, University of Messina, Ph.D. in Economics (dissertation on “The role of technological progress in economic growth. The Mediterranean as a case study”);
• 2000, University of Palermo, Master of Science in Law and Economics of Transport (dissertation on “The role of transport infrastructure in the growth of the Italian regions”);
• 1992, University of Palermo, Laurea in Economics – M.A. equivalent (dissertation on “Genesis and prospects for banking reform”).
He is a qualified Chartered Accountant and Auditor.
• October 2015 on …, LUMSA University, Lecturer of Economics;
• December 1997 on ..., Italian National Research Council (CNR), Institute of Studies on Mediterranean Society, Researcher and permanent member of staff;
• March - December 1997, National Institute of Statistics (ISTAT), permanent member of staff;
• October 1995 - February 1996, European Commission - Directorate General for Economic and Financial Affairs, visiting scholar;
• June - December 1993, Banca Popolare di Novara - London Branch, staff.
He has been involved in numerous research projects, including: “MAZARA LAB: verso un’educazione interculturale e multilinguistica” (supported by CNR, DTA.AD002.162); “PESTATEC – Sviluppo di una pesca siciliana sostenibile e competitiva attraverso l’innovazione tecnologica” (supported by the PON Research and Competitiveness 2007-13); “Valutazione contingente ed economica delle risorse ittiche del Golfo di Castellammare” (supported by the POR Sicilia 2000-06); “PIT-Agora per il rafforzamento delle competenze strategiche e manageriali delle pubbliche amministrazioni locali in materia di progettazione integrata territoriale” (supported by the PON IT - Department of Public Service); “SESAMO - Sistema informativo integrato per l’acquisizione, gestione e condivisione di dati ambientali per il supporto alle decisioni” (supported by the Department of Productive Activities of the Sicilian Region); “Diffusione dell'innovazione nell'Alto Belice” (supported by the Sicilian Region); “INNOVA” (supported by the Sicilian Region); “Corso di Specializzazione in Gestione delle Risorse Naturali Rinnovabili” (supported by the Interregional Supply of Higher Education); “Autonoma Mente. Percorsi e reti per Microimpresa, Inclusione sociale, Legalità” (supported by the Fondazione con il Sud); “La cooperazione difficile. Un'indagine sulle imprese” (supported by RES Fundation – Unicredit Group); “Internazionalizzazione delle imprese” (supported by RES Fundation – Unicredit Group); “Innovare in un contesto difficile” (supported by RES Fundation – Unicredit Group); “Piano Strategico della Città di Augusta e dell’area vasta Thapsos Megara Hyblon Tukles” (supported by the City of Augusta); “SCM: Supply Chain Management” (supported by the European Commission - DG businesses).
He has held several teaching assignments at several Italian universities. In particular, from the academic 1998-1999 to the year 2004-2005 he was lecturer at the Faculty of Political Science and the Faculty of Mathematical, Physical and Natural Sciences of the University of Palermo, where he taught courses in the following subjects: “Economics”, “Economic Theory of Law and Political Decisions” and “Environmental and Natural Resources Economics”. Since academic year 2006-07, he is lecturer at the "Mediation Inter-Mediterranean: investments and integration” Master of the Cà Foscari University of Venice, where he teaches “Economic growth in Mediterranean countries”. In the academic year 2007-08, he held 22 seminars at the Faculty of Political Science of the University of Palermo. From the academic 2009-2010 to the year 2012-2013 he was lecturer at the Faculty of Human and Social Science of the University “Kore” of Enna, where he taught “Economics”. From the academic year 2012-2013 to the 2013-2014 he was lecturer at the Department of Law, History and Economics of the University "Magna Græcia" of Catanzaro, where he teaches "Microeconomics". In the academic year 2014-2015 he was lecturer at LUMSA University – Santa Silvia of Palermo, where he teaches "Economics". From academic year 2015-16 he is professor at the Department of Law (Palermo) of the LUMSA University, where he teaches "Macroeconomics" and "Microeconomics".